This past Friday I was invited to a darling Card Party (super fun, if you want to know how it was done let me know and I'll give you details on how to host your own!). As I was driving through the unfamiliar neighborhood to the hosts home, I passed by an incredible home that was already decked out for Halloween. It actually lit my spark and I was looking forward to Monday morning so I could hit Hobby Lobby because according to their ad, fall decorations were on sale 40-50% off! I got the two older kidlets off to school and put the pedal to the metal to make sure I got there before all of the decorations were picked over. I definitely got there while there was still some good selections so I found some funky yard signs and ghosts to hang etc... And here is where my Monday Gripe comes in...
I'm super excited about my yard decorations as I stand in the huge line (Hobby Lobby by me is infamous for only having one register open, so obnoxious!). The woman in front of me has her cart filled with something from every section of Hobby Lobby and she noticed that two of her frames weren't perfect so she leaves to go change them out. We all waited...and waited...and waited. The woman returns with not only more picture frames but scrapbooking supplies! This means, on everyone else's time, she went shopping for more items!!! Wow, that was a new one for me and am surprised I kept my tongue quiet.
Now, finally my turn, I load my stuff up on the counter and the woman starts ringing my decorations up. She gives me the total and I asked her if she had given me the discount. She looks at the store ad and tells me my items weren't part of the sale. What do you mean they aren't part of the sale?!?! She showed me the ad like I was the stupid one and we argued back and forth on what the ad meant. I finally gave in because all of us were already annoyed about the woman who left the line to shop more and told her I'd come again another day then.
When I got home, I looked the ad back up and I KNOW I am right. So, out of curiosity, I called the store and asked about the items I was going to purchase and you know what they said? YEP! My items were part of the sale. I told the gentleman what had just happened and naturally he apologized but refused to put my items on hold so I could come back.
Hobby Lobby is now on my black list. And that is my Monday Gripe.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment