Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's MY Birthday dang it!!

My loot, it was like Christmas!   
My "cake".  You have to love edible arrangements!

Following my awesome morning, I helped the kids decorate the annual, "spooky house". 
Then, my sister sent a package that had fun Halloween nail stuff in it.  Little R is super stoked about her black and orange nails with glow-in-the-dark spooky nail pics! 
Me in my new designer apron equipped with a strand of pearls, too funny! 
My grandest of all grandest gifts I've ever received!  I got my own arsenal!  I believe every woman needs to know how to protect herself and family.  I've joked around about carrying a gun, only if it was pink.  Well, gosh darn it, Mr. D found me everything I need....IN PINK!!!  We will be hitting the shooting range frequently so I can get used to my new weapons of choice.  Oh yeah, that is my new gun safe, it doesn't come in pink though, just black.  Maybe I'll add a strand of pearls to it to dress it up.   
And to top off my day, an evening out to a restaurant over an hour away.  The drive was totally worth it as we learned the reason our food was so freaking awesome, was because the chef himself has appeared on The Food Network!!!  That is my pretty birthday drink the bartender made up for me, non-alcoholic of course!  It was a fresh pomegranate spritzer, yum-O!

Thank you Mr. D and to my awesome kids who can't keep secrets!  I had a fantastic day and I am extremely spoiled for having you all in my life to spend birthdays with!

1 comment:

Amy Brooks said...

WOW, you had an AWESOME birthday. I LOVE your cake and you are so super cute. And, your blog is WAY better and WAY cuter than mine has ever been. Man, you are showin' me up little sis. Ok, well, truth be told you always have. I love you anyway though. Glad you had a great birthday! Love you, Amy