This post is NOT for the faint of heart. This is a little TMI so if you get grossed out easily I suggest you fast forward now.......
Last chance to look away........
Ok, now for you brave folk, I have happened to fall into a bit of a stumper that maybe one of you could diagnose? Yesterday morning I woke up and my cheek seemed to be sort of a little stuck to my pillowcase. For a brief moment I had wondered if I forgot to wash my makeup off, but no, I did wash my face the night before. As soon as I sat up my cheek felt a little "off" and a bit itchy so I went to scratch it and that's when I discovered blisters (yes, ewwww is right!). I ran to the bathroom and saw a red patch of clustered blisters. I tried to dry them with some rubbing alcohol but it hasn't done anything. They have grown a little in size and this is the picture from tonight. If you are wondering some questions, let me help you out....
1: Do you have bed bugs? Sick, no! Next question.
2: Could it be a spider bite? Don't think so, I can't see a tiny pinhole anywhere.
3: Any new products you could be allergic to? Nope. Nothing has changed.
4: Dirty pillowcase? Nope, they get washed regularly.
5: Come in contact with poison ivy/oak/sumac? Not unless Banana Republic has some in their store.
So, anyone know what is wrong with my face?!?!!?

3 comments:
oh dear! i'm sorry!
shingles?
cold sore?
ring worm?
celiac?
I found this:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Blisters-on-my-face/show/328513
Some people are saying it could be facial herpes, or an allergy of some sort (which you seem to have ruled out). I hope that link might give you some possibilities - that doesn't look fun!
I had that for about a week when I was pregnant with this last baby. My skin is always more sensitive when I'm preggo and I have skin allergies to weird things. I'm pretty sure at least in my case, it was an allergic reaction to something, but it went away on it's own. My other guess is since I was preggo it could have been hormone related.
Post a Comment