Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bang head {here}.

So I just realized it's been over a month since my last post, January just plain sucked, but I'll post about that later.  Right now, I'm having one of those moments with G that make me hate everyone in the world who is so lucky to have a house full of NT kids.  Bottom line, G does not know how to handle stress.  The school had a local psychologist come in and evaluate G last year and offered up several suggestions.  The Resource Teacher was at a little bit of a loss after some behaviors G has exhibited this week so she went back to her old notes from this psychologist and came up with a new chart for G.  The chart works for G at school, but by the time he gets home, he has so much pent up stress from trying to stay under control that he just LOSES it.  As soon as I opened the door from him getting home today, he immediately started pushing me, yelling at me, hitting me, writing inappropriate things on paper, saying things like, "I want this world to end" and "stop crying, I hate crying!", it's too much on days like this.  I feel so isolated during these moments, it sucks. I watch people post pictures of their perfect NT kids on FB to show off how healthy and awesome there kids and life are but the thought of me posting a picture of my son kills me, no one would understand what hides behind his eyes.  I know he's hurting inside because he does know better, he just can't help himself.  I hate FB on days like today.  Is it ok to go bang my own head for not learning all I should fast enough to help him?

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Hugs to you Heather. This makes my heart ache, but at the same time gives me peace that I am not alone. Logan's current sayings are "I HATE YOU" and "I HOPE YOU DIE." It breaks my heart. The sad thing is, is that our boys aren't really even upset with us. They are upset with the monster that holds them captive and unable to express their feelings. That anger, resentment, and hurt is all an internal struggle and we are completely helpless in times like this. Simply a rollercoaster. You are far more "seasoned" in this than I am, and my advice may not be near as helpful as yours is to me, but I am praying and sending warm {hugs} your way.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and love being sent your way. It may not help, but know it is there anyway.

Spencer Family said...

I agree with Darlene, I wish there was more I could do but sending love and prayers your way is all I have right now. Stay strong--you are doing MORE than the best you can do. G and R and R are so lucky to have you for their momma!

Christy said...

Love you Heather! I'm sending prayers and a hug for you guys right now. You are a great mom and love your kids more than anything and they know it!

Liz said...

Oh I so remember days like this when Sam was younger. Many prayers and love coming from here too that this week will go more smoothly.