Sunday, July 28, 2013

My first food {storage}.

My hubby bought me a Food Saver for Christmas to be able to properly store all those fruits and veggies coming out of my dehydrator.  I have been horrible at dehydrating the last while so my Food Saver didn't come out to play until yesterday. 
Look, I made my first bag!  Let's fill'er up! 
Dang, it totally sucked out ALL air, my dried red peppers are hard as a rock!  I had to take a photo to text to my hubby to show him how close we are to a "real" food storage;)

And by the way, if you have never dehydrated plain, good ol' red bell peppers for a snack, you are missing out!  I dehydrated them so they still had a slightly chewy texture and they were awesome!   Too bad my kids all looked at me like I was a freak of nature when I was making odd 'mmmm' noises and licking my lips.  They were tasty, I couldn't help myself!  I'm thinking they won't eat these if I put them in their lunchbox.....challenge excepted, by the end of the school year all my kids will be asking for dehydrated peppers.  Game on!

No comments: