Mr. Weatherman actually got the weather right. TX is weird, we go from 80 degrees 2 days ago to below freezing in less than 48 hours. When that happens we get a warm layer (nose as the weatherman called it) so what happens is the clouds release snow but hit that warm layer and it melts but upon reaching the ground it freezes again and we get ice storms.
I was awoken this morning by all 3 of my kiddos telling me it was "snowing". No kids, that is ice pellets that are coming down.
These ice storms blanket everything!!
Nope, not snow, ice pellets all gathered together.
Turn your volume up so you can hear the ice pellets dropping.
Mr. D and I both slept like crap last night, between the power constantly going off and on, the ice pellets hitting our windows and Mr. D constantly getting out of bed to check his email in hopes his boss would cancel work (he didn't, he never would), it was just a mixer of impossible things to sleep soundly through. Of course schools have been cancelled as well as several store closings etc.. we are just chilling at home today, we've played outside (yes, it's cold and iced over but getting out in the elements does a body good), played games, had a tasty lunch and now the kiddos are on the hunt to find Sam, our Elf on a Shelf:) They think he's not here yet, but he is!! They walk past him constantly and still haven't noticed him. I wonder how long I'll let this go on before I show them? Let's not lie, I'm not there yet, Sam may be sitting in the poinsettia plant a few more days;)
1 comment:
We got our first snow here in PA on Sunday afternoon and EVERYTHING shut down even though it was only three inches. School also started two hours late for the kids today as a result of yesterday's snow. As much as I thought I hated snow living in Utah, I'm liking it now that I can be all cozy in my home and life can go on hold.
Ice storms are another story. I still hate that stuff.
Post a Comment