My hubby and I were coming home the other day and had a conversation about what is the one thing the other would do in our married lives that would put the other one out of their comfort zone. I vowed to my hubby that I would go camping, full throttle however he wanted me to do it. He is my polar opposite when it comes to this activity seeing as I LOATHE the great outdoors. All the bugs, the animals that dooky anywhere they please, the dampness that never goes away, having to pack up your whole house to move it outside just to pack it all up again and bring it back home...as you can see, it just isn't appealing to me in the slightest. However, I will be a good sport and won't complain when the time comes for me to have to go endure this little hell.
Now, my hubby VOWED mind you, he would go to a day at the spa with me. He would endure all the people rubbing him down, painting mud's and exfoliants all over him, sitting under warm mist during a facial, having a MANicure (no color, just buffed and cleaned up), eating a yummy lunch while sitting next to a cozy fire in a super soft robe and amazingly plush slippers. I get giddy just thinking about it.
You see, his indulgence is roughing it, my indulgence is letting someone pamper me. I think he'll be sold even though he won't admit to it. I can't wait!!!! (except this adventure may take a few years for us both to get worked up to actually go through with these activities.)
Now, my hubby VOWED mind you, he would go to a day at the spa with me. He would endure all the people rubbing him down, painting mud's and exfoliants all over him, sitting under warm mist during a facial, having a MANicure (no color, just buffed and cleaned up), eating a yummy lunch while sitting next to a cozy fire in a super soft robe and amazingly plush slippers. I get giddy just thinking about it.
You see, his indulgence is roughing it, my indulgence is letting someone pamper me. I think he'll be sold even though he won't admit to it. I can't wait!!!! (except this adventure may take a few years for us both to get worked up to actually go through with these activities.)
No comments:
Post a Comment