HATE: Let me tell you something, I absolutely can not stand Dora the Explorer. She yells through the entire episode, she can't talk in a normal tone and just hearing the opening song makes me cringe.
Now for the LOVE part....I always steered my kids away from Dora because I just hate her that much until one day my little girl was getting her haircut at Kid's Hair when the station she was at had Dora on the TV. Well, forever more she has fallen in love with this character (I dare say even more than the Disney Princesses). I vowed I would NEVER buy anything Dora but alas, I had to give in yesterday when my child caught the gleaming box of Dora the Explorer cereal at the grocery store. I SO did not want to buy this but as I reluctantly handed it to her she said, "i love you mommy" which obviously made me then HAVE to buy this box. My toddler is sitting behind me at this moment munching on the cereal and just made the comment, "mmm....I want more mommy". So help me if I give in to the toy aisle as Christmas is fastly approaching. Why can't she love Star Wars like her brother? I enjoy the Star Wars aisle at Target a lot more than the Dora/Diego section. What am I going to do???????
No comments:
Post a Comment