
So we have officially been living in TX now for 10 days and so far are annoyed at these things:
1: Texans are A LOT more laid back then the Minnesotans. EVERY single person/company that had an appointment for one thing or the other (Internet, phone, TV, lawn, blinds etc.. etc... etc..) has been late, not a little A LOT late!!! Do you know how annoying that is? My favorite is the company that called to confirm a date and time and when that appointment rolled around they didn't show. We called and they said, "No, we have you scheduled for tomorrow in the afternoon". Why did they call to confirm then a time they apparently never had???? Then another time, the company who came to install our theater system was not only late, but when I asked the owner who came to supervise he didn't offer up an apology, he just said, "oh, it's been one of those days." I don't care!! Don't keep calling and saying "Oh, we'll be there in 30 min" then no show then an hour later we get a call from them again saying "we are about 40 minutes out" then 40 minutes passes and no one shows so we call and we are told they are about 5 minutes from our house. It took them 3 FULL HOURS to finally arrive!!! Seriously, Texas isn't on my faves list right now.
2: Toll roads. We never know when all the sudden we are going to happen upon a toll! You'll be driving along the freeway and BAM! another toll. I'm sure we'll figure it out but for now, man, it is annoying to say the least.
3: The carpool lane doesn't have regular in/outs. If you get into the HOV lane, plan on staying there for a long time!!!
4: The rain. It has rained every single day for the last 7 days! Because of Ike, our lawn is flooded from it raining for 14 hours straight. When the sun does come out, the lawn is such a cesspool of mud and grime that I still can't let the kids out to go play! We are all going stir crazy.
5: The construction. We just lived the last 3 years in MN waiting for the new freeway to come out to our house and I kid you not, the last day we were in MN we FINALLY got to drive the new freeway from our actual exit and had to hop on the 35W to come here. We are once again in freeway building land. Man, can't we get a break?????
So those are my complaints so far. I know it will get better, I just need to give it time. I do like change in my life, this one was huge and it came around way too quickly for me to feel like I even blinked but I really don't want to move again. Since marrying my hubby I have moved a total of 7 times in the 7 years we have been married. It's sad when I move into new homes and I constantly have in the back of my head why I shouldn't start hanging pictures because those holes will need to be patched up before we can show the house. Or, I don't unpack odds an ends because whats the point? I never have felt like I can truly move into a home yet, it'll be weird if we live in this house for like 5 years! Well, now my thoughts are starting to ramble on and on, I'm real annoying like that so I'll give you all a breather and write more later about my random life.
1 comment:
if it makes you feel any better, i've had the same experience with repairmen in utah!
Post a Comment