Friday, November 7, 2008

Am I a mean mommy?

OK, so as a previous post stated I absolutely can not stand Dora the Explorer. I do allow my darling ladybug to watch this show but I use that opportunity to come check my email or return phone calls etc... so I don't have to hear Dora's voice. Well, my daughter is in serious need of new "everyday" shoes so we ran over to Kohl's this morning after dropping her brother off at school and naturally I pick out a cute pair of Nike's and R picks out the dreaded themed Dora shoes that have flashing lights as she walks. Totally ugly!!! I sat her on the floor and put the cute Nike's I found on her and they looked stinkin' cute but she insisted on trying the UG Dora shoes on. To humor her I did put them on her and she told me how cute they were as I just said "OK" to let her know I acknowledged her comment. In the end, she picked up her box of Dora shoes and I picked up the Nike's. She handed me the box saying, "here mommy" so pleased and when she turned around I ditched the box. She still doesn't know we didn't come home with them because I pulled the sly move of tossing the box before she noticed. I always vowed I'd NEVER buy themed shoes cause I just think they are so hokey and ugly and fortunately my little boy really never HAD to have certain character shoes but my little girl is becoming another story. I like her to look nice, not a mismatched hokey looking little girl. So, am I a mean mommy for ditching the Dora shoes and buying what I wanted instead?

No comments: