Saturday, January 17, 2009

Poor baby, poor mommy!

My newest little one just can't seem to get off to a good start in life!! You see this GI-NORMOUS basket next to her, filled with tons of clothes and gifts from people who love us and wanted to basically give us a "baby shower in a basket"? Well, she can't wear ANY of it and I am now having to return gifts all because my little one's health issues that seem to keep creeping up. She was born with Congenital Hip Displaysia which means in short, her hips are both dislocated. We were double diapering her per the peds request but after a month, they still were popping in and out so I was referred to a Pediatric Orthopedist who fit her with a harness device that holds her legs far open and with her knees basically in her arm pits, its so sad to see her so uncomfortable!! She has to wear this thing 24/7 for possibly 3-6 months but the ortho has hopes she'll be out of it by 7 weeks (cross your fingers everyone!!!) however, if it doesn't work, they will do surgery and put her poor baby body in a full body cast!! Oh, and there is more with this tiny one, after her follow up regarding her RSV she caught they discovered she has a heart murmur that needs to be checked out by a Pediatric Cardiologist, wait...there's more...at the same visit they also discovered (now that her baby newborn swollen look is fading away) that her right eye is turning inward (lazy eye) and needs to be referred to a Pediatric Opthomologist! Seriously, I don't know what else can go wrong with this little one but I was REALLLLLLY hoping for a much better 2009!!!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

i'm so sorry!!! she's beautiful so she's obviously worth all the stress!!

Christy said...

I am so sorry your little one seems to have some health issues. At least they are referring you to people that might be able to help her before the problems get worse.....I am sure you are so frusterated though!!! I am thinking of you!

Amy Brooks said...

Awwwww, poor baby and poor mommy is right. How come you never tell me about any of this stuff. I only knew about the hips and the RSV. I guess you've been incredibly busy and completely stressed out. I'm sorry, I wish I could be there to help you.