Saturday, January 10, 2009

When it rains...it pours...

In case you were wondering, I am still alive. I have been so crazy busy with getting through the holidays and still trying to cope with having a newborn in the house again. I feel like I have been running a marathon that doesn't have a finish line in sight. I fantasize about getting back on a scheduled routine but with a newborn it is SO frustrating (I'm not a newborn kind of mom). I'd list out everything that has been going on but that would just bore you all and quite frankly, I don't really want to relive where I have been and what I have coming up still. However, in the midst of my craziness, my poor little newborn came down with RSV. I spent TWO hours at the peds office yesterday as they pissed my baby off so bad I had a hard time calming her back down and if any of your babies have ever had RSV before, you know when they get so worked up their breathing pretty much stops altogether as you watch their face turn purply-blue, so scary! And after that, they then hook your child up to a heart monitor to see how stable their pulse is to determine if you need to go to the hospital or not. Thankfully, my mommy instinct was tuned in that I got her into the doc office before her airways got worse. However, I am now quarantined to my home for possibly the next 3 weeks (yay! that'll help my sanity) with a box full of vials of medicine and a nebulizer that I have to hook up to my poor newborn every 4 hours round the clock. Man, can I get a break yet???? I was hoping for a much better 2009!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh Heather, I wish I was there so I could come help you!!! I hope everything starts to get better now!