Monday, February 9, 2009

In case you were wondering...

This is baby R in her harness. Well, it's funny, the pediatrician calls it a "sling", the orthopedist calls it a "harness" and the company that makes these contraptions calls it a "kicker". I find the last one a bit ironic seeing as she can't KICK anything.




6 comments:

Liz said...

poor thing! that just does not look like fun!!

Christy said...

Does she have to be in it all the time?

Heather said...

Oh, yes, 24/7 for up to 6 months (worst case scenario) and if it doesn't work after that, they do 2 surgeries and she's casted for a total of 12 weeks (longer if she soils the cast and they have to take it off and re-do it). We are hoping for a WAAYYY quick recovery with this harness.

Christy said...

Poor Reese and poor Heather!!! I have been thinking about your cute little family! I hope she is able to recover quickly for you.

Amy Brooks said...

Awwww poor baby. I hope she is a BEST case senario.

Amy Brooks said...

I just met a friend that had her baby a month and a half ago and she had the SAME sling thing on her baby. Same problem as baby R. I wonder how common this is? Amy