Wednesday, January 6, 2010

He's a mean one...

Mr. Grinch that is.  We did a FAB-O! family outing this Christmas season.  We had the pleasure of being an honorary "Who" for a day at the fabulous ICE! at the Gaylord Texan.  No joke, no one would ever stay at my home for a visit once they get a glimpse of this hotel!

The entire exhibit was made of colored ice (hence the name ICE! for the exhibit).


The guy who designed this did an amazing job, I would travel from afar to actually come see it.  You'll notice everyone in the blue parkas?  They keep the room at a balmy 9 degrees (can I get a whoot-whoot from my MN peeps?) and if you plan on going down any of the 4 ice slides these parkas are long enough to act as a mat to slide down on.

The details were awesome!

My G is coming down on the left hand side.  He could not wait to go on the slide!
And the last room was the entire nativity with an enormous angel on the other side of the room facing it.  Spectacular event and I'm hoping they do it again next year cause we won't miss it!

2 comments:

Carlsbad California LDS Mission said...

I am so in AWE of this! If they have it next year, please tell us so we can come to see it.

Halley said...

NINE degrees??? PLEASE! I'd be sporting some capris, a t-shirt, and some flip flops. ;)

Looks like a BLAST!!!!