Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Life's Annoyances (is that a word?)

I was talking to my sister earlier today discussing birthday parties and how rude parents can be and it ended up taking the conversation to so many other things that people do that annoy us, here is my list...

1: Not removing your shoes in my home.  I think this is disgusting and now days, it's just proper etiquette to respect O.P.P (other people's property).  The worst is that I even have a sign on the door and people still ignore it like it doesn't apply to them....um, sorry gross person, it does!

2: Not RSVP'ing.  My sister and I agreed completely on this.  If you get a party invite and it's asking for you to RSVP, then you need to.  It's mean to the host and it's even worse if you don't and still show up!  Get some class people!

3: Do not use my toilet and then leave the toilet seat up.  In my house, the seat/lid is ALWAYS down for sanitary reasons.  Just so you know, if I see the seat up at your house, it makes me ill on how grotesque you really are.  Pee and poop droplets spray around everytime you flush, so take note of this and put the seat/lid down!  Yuck you germ spreaders!

4: e-Vites.  Do I really need to say more?  How tacky is it that you can't freakin' put a stamp and pen to paper to invite someone to your home?  Since moving to this state, I have had more e-Vites than I can count and it's a bit impersonal and cheap. 

5: Not washing your hands after using the bathroom.  YOU are what makes this world so sick and germ infested, sing Happy Birthday and do it right!

6: Not using your blinker.  The blinker on your car was not put on there to be an optional piece of equipment, so use it!   I don't know where you are going, so it would be nice if you would forewarn me 3 seconds before you turn, that is what the drivers manual says, look it up.

7: It's not Tarzhay, it's Target!

8: Don't drop your kids at my house, say you'll be back at a certain time and not show up for another hour.  Give me the courtesy to know you are running late, better yet, tell me a later time and show up earlier and we both can be happy.

9:  Put down your dang cell phone and DRIVE!  Regardless of what you believe, you are a horrible driver when you have a device stuck to your ear. 

10: Coupons are great, I don't have anything against them but I do have something against those who decide to go through their stack AT the check out lane.  Also, if you are on food stamps, read them carefully because I don't need to wait while the checker tries to explain to you that sharp cheddar is not an option, only colby jack.

That is enough for today, it feels good to get some of that off my chest!  Remember people, show class and respect O.P.P.

3 comments:

Liz said...

oh i am so guilty of using evite! it's too easy, especially when we had to reschedule meg's birthday party twice with weather and sickness!

i hate it when people don't RSVP either.

Lisa/Scott said...

Wanna know mine?

I hate it when people eat on their bed and leave crumbs everywhere.
People who put their chewing gum under restaurant tables.
When people cough without covering their mouth.
When someone cuts me off on the road, then slows down.
People who touch/rub my belly when I'm pregnant.
When people constantly get up in movie theaters.
When the toilet paper roll faces the wrong way.
The noise Styrofoam makes when you rub it together.
People who leave their kids in the car when they run into the store.

Erin said...

I'm looking for the "LIKE" button.