Monday, April 5, 2010

The Maiden Voyage

We FINALLY used the pool for the first time yesterday since we built it!  The crazy winter we had would have cost us about $800 a month just to heat it, so we held off until yesterday!!
This is my favorite part, it's the kiddie pool!!!  Never, ever do I have to blow up another stupid pool again!  Nor do I ever have to empty it, clean it, pour hot water in it to get it warmer, etc.. This kiddie pool is perfect!
The grotto.  I can't believe Mr. D got our scared Little R underneath the waterfall!  Triumph for Little R!!

G is so happy in the water, he's a fish!
G was having a blast dunking his ownself! It's so funny to see a kid who had horrid sensory issues with having water dumped on his head to dunking himself and screaming out in excitement.  Worth every cent to have these moments!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm impressed that you even had a moment to put all this on your blog with such an exciting grand opening in the backyard!

Liz said...

what a beautiful pool!!!!! when my parents' was finally finished, it was October but they heated i t for a few weeks anyway because we were so excited!! :)

Tati said...

gorgeous pool! I'm glad you are all enjoying it :)