This is Little R when she was a hilarious toddler. I remember I had found the gray polo shirt she is wearing at Target one day on a clearance rack and it held up so well through all the washings that I saved it.
Now, here is Baby R as a screamin' 20 month old toddler wearing the same shirt today. I've realized over the years and through all the hours I've spent shopping for my kids, nothing beats a clearance find! I have clothes I paid full price for at places like **Gymboree that looked like crap after just a couple of washings. And, I hate the ugly themes they come up with that are so cheesy- who wants to stick squirrels on their daughter from head to toe, literally??
**FYI, I actually hate Gymboree if you didn't catch that, I only shop here if it has something I'm looking for that no where else does. Besides, they finally opened Crazy 8 and if you don't know about this store, it's the same clothes only cheaper so you don't feel as guilty giving the receipt to the man who pays the bills.
In short, HURRAY for hand me downs that withstand the test of time!!
2 comments:
actually, sometimes i feel mommy guilty because M was a skinny minnie and Lu is more round so a lot of M's clothes look BETTER on Lu! :) ...and then very grateful that Target lasts through at least two girls so far!
Nice to know that somebody else hates Gymboree. Their clothes last one wearing then they fade or shrink...especially the boy clothes. Hate them.
Post a Comment