Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals and Diets!

Two words associate with the "F" word.
FAILURE

Every year, I hear of many many people talk of their New Years goals and diets to take off the extra holiday baggage.  I actually don't believe in goals nor diets because 98% of the time, people give up, including myself.  Many moons ago I stopped making goals (who just gasped?), it's true.  I realized, if I wanted to do something, I was just going to do it, no baby steps.  When I tried to take baby steps I just got frustrated and realized how long of a process it was taking me when I could have been done already.  Diets are the same way, people take baby steps to eating healthier but by taking baby steps, it's so much easier to veer off the wee little path you are on and head straight to the over processed, over sugared, over salted carbs in the pantry.  Then, once you get a taste of the nasty, you want even more and the whole diet plan goes to pot. 

So, here is my New Years PLAN OF ATTACK!

1: Drink my greens.
2: Eat my snacks from the produce drawer, not the cupboard.
3: Ramp up my workout routine to 6 mornings a week.
4: Get a tummy tuck.
5: Stop obsessing over what the scale flashes back at me.
6: When I hit the wall of absolute agony and I start reaching for the nasty stuff, I eat a healthy snack first, then the craving should be gone (eventually the cravings leave all together, yeah!)
7: Support my hubby on going vegetarian (yes folks, I'm ratting the man out!).
8: Make more stuff, just to give away cause it brings me the Happy's.
9: Run more outside (until the 90's, I'm not stupid, I want to live!).
10: Read a book.  Any book.  My hubby said it best when he informed me that I've allowed my mind to get fat.  I workout and eat well to keep me lean on the outside, but I neglected my brain and it is officially obese.

So there you have it folks, my 2011 PLAN OF ATTACK!  No need for stupid baby steps because I refuse to use the "F" word.

Happy 2011! 

1 comment:

Spencer Family said...

I'm with you. No resolutions this year. Just being more intentional in my choices and what I do with my time.

I have to say I was surprised by #4. Was that serious?

Also are you vegetarian and Danny is becoming one too? Or is he all on his own? Have you read The China Study. Very interesting. AND do you have any recipes or recommendations on how to eat/cook kale? I just bought some today.

Happy New Year!