Wednesday, February 15, 2012

At the Sock {Hop}.

Oh my word, Little R is so amazingly adorable.  The day she found out that there was going to be a father/daughter dance at school she came home and immediately told me she had to call dad to ask him to the dance (ahhhhh....so cute!).  So I dialed her dad and thankfully he was at his desk to fulfill her little heart.  She confidently asked her dad to the dance and you know what he said, "YES Little R, I'd LOVE to go to the dance with you!" (I'm sure Mr. D's prom date in high school was wishing for this same excitement when she asked him to the school dance-that's another story though).

Mr. D decided right away he was going to make this a super special night for her.  He came home early and presented her with a bouquet of pink Gerber Daisies and then took her to a local burger and shake joint (which apparently every other dad had this on their agenda too as my hubby reported it was packed with girls in poodle skirts and dads in plain white T's-isn't there a music group called that?).  I personally did Little R's whole outfit (yes, technically I can sew which Mr. D got to witness for the first time).  She chose to have a cat instead of a poodle dog but still wanted the "string" (aka, leash) on it.  We added some sparkly heart jewels and a "diamond" collar on the cat.  You can't see it, but her elastic waist band is leopard print to match the leopard print accessories in her hair and I even made a petticoat for underneath.  I got her adorable fluffy, lacy socks and black converse.  Man, I tell ya, Mr. D had the BEST looking date of his life that night!

Little R is quite popular at school, she literally makes friends with everyone.  Here she is with a group of her friends gettin' their groove thang on.  Mr. D did tell me that when they first arrived they had traditional 50's music playing which wasn't too exciting but as soon as they switched over to mainstream music the girls went wild!  Mr. D also told me Little R started a conga line that ended up HUGE. 
And here is the lovely couples professional photo that was taken that night.

What an amazing day for Little R to not only get her school award of "Leopard of the Week" but to go on a special date with her dad that evening, well let's just say, it was a perfect day:)

3 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

I love this post!!! So cute!! Some of my best childhood memories were the daddy/daughter activities I had growing up. I'm not a big sewer either which is sad because my mother is a genius seamstress and I should have learned from her. Every time she tried to teach me as a teenager it would turn into an argument. I wish I had payed more attention now that I have a daughter who could benefit from some good sewing skills.

Angela said...

This is ADORABLE! I love that D took her to the burger place all dressed up :) And I'm not surprised but the outfit looks AMAZING!

KdeH said...

I completely love this. I just read this aloud to Dave and I gotta tell you that I started bawling like a baby when it got to the bouquet part. I am such a boob.