Thursday, February 2, 2012

Me Heather, Me {Laugh}.

You know, I'm sure Dr. Phil says that as parents you should always have each others backs and co-parent.  I disagree.  Sometimes when my kids do things that annoy or make Mr. D mad, my first reaction to their action is to laugh-yes, all while he is getting mad at their behavior.   Now, I know what you are thinking, "Geez Heather, you don't sound like a very supportive wifey".  I know.  But let me tell you what happened last night and then maybe you won't think so wrong of me.

As Mr. D and I were each in a different child's bedroom working on homework, that left Baby R to run around.  She found herself in G's room where she picked up a battery operated Thomas train car.  Of course she knows the switch to turn this train on and obviously was causing way too much noise with a train whistle blowing and sounds of a locomotive that Mr. D started telling her she needed to go out so G could do his homework.  This is Baby R we're talking about, she listens to no one.  As I hear Mr. D getting more and more agitated with her I finally decide to call out to Baby R but too late.  Next thing I hear is "Baby R!  NO!  R!!!  Alright, go tell mom to cut your hair off."  An upset Mr. D and a 3 foot midget walk into Little R's room where I bring you.....

Exhibit A 
And, Exhibit B

I immediately had to laugh, I couldn't help it.  I know Mr. D was mad at her but come on, the girl has a toy train wound up in her hair!  So no, no supportive co-parenting on this one, I was laughing too hard.  Sorry Dr. Phil, I failed successful co-parenting 101 I guess but I think Mr. D found laughter regarding this mishap later when I showed him the pics I HAD to take:)

3 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Yes! I laugh too at some of the things Luke gets upset over and how he handles it. I'm amazed though that you were able to laugh at the train stuck in her gorgeous curls. Were you able to untangle it or did you have to cut it?

Angela said...

LOL! That is awesome... Alaura once got a toy helicopter all caught up in her hair and after the yelling at her I laughed too!

Lisa/Scott said...

Crystal did this to her hair with a ZuZu pet toy. What is it with kids and the way they play with their toys?