Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Run, Run, {Run}.

So I picked up running while living in MN.  I have continued to run since moving here to TX but only during the cooler months as summer here is way too hot for me.  Mr. D came home from work one day and told me about a run a coworker of his was doing and I should sign up.  So I did.  I also put out many shameless plugs for others to join me and in the end, there were 9 other people I suckered into running with me:)  The race proceeds benefited a children's hospital here and the turn out was almost 6000 runners!  It's called the Firefly Run.  It's a nighttime run and you are to make yourselves glow in the dark.  It was hilarious:)
I had never seen so many port-a-potties in my life!  Thankfully, we stopped at Potbelly's who graciously allowed us to empty our bladders w/o purchasing pre-race:)
This pic didn't turn out too well, but this is me w/an old friend from MN who lives about 20 minutes from me now here in TX.  It was awesome to hook up and do this run together. 
Standing around waiting for the race to begin.  This is my niece Hailey and my older sis Jules. 
Another sis of mine, Amy. 
Playing with our glowing flare before the race countdown began. 
My nephew on the left.   
WE DID IT!!!!  I had some personal goals that I definitely met and exceeded, I was so proud of myself:) 
And the best part of the evening was when my nephew took home a 3rd place medal (he clearly has a proud mama) for his age division!  We had several other runners but once the race began, we all lost each other but it was an absolute blast and I can't wait to do this same run again next year!!  Who else wants to do it too?  Come on, you know you want to!!

No comments: