We made it, our last and final day at WDW:( We asked the kids the night before which park they wanted to go back to for our very last day and they chose Hollywood Studios!
We missed the Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show earlier in the week (they only have 2 showings a day) so we made sure to not miss it since we went back. I personally LOVED it! It was fast, it was loud and definitely action packed! They basically show you how they mimic crazy car moves in the movies, it was fun!
We also got a treat by seeing Lighting McQueen! I just wish they would have utilized him more in the show.
We got a more up close look when he drove in front of the stands.
My girls were eager to go back to the Disney Jr. Live show. They saw this with their g'ma earlier in the week while Mr. D and I took G on bigger rides.
Of course Baby R was just LOVING the fact the The Little Einsteins were part of the show!
Jake and the Neverland Pirates!
We then walked down the way to go ride the Toy Story Mania ride. We rode this back in 2009 at Disneyland so I was so glad WDW finally built it in Florida too!! Baby R got great about keeping glasses on for all the shows/rides that required the glasses:)
Ride malfunction! The ride experienced technical difficulties so we got hung up for a little while so I snapped pics of G and Little R in the next car over:)
I went on this ride a good 4 times during the week and after my second ride I got "top score in vehicle" so I got competitive with myself and had to beat that score which I did, but someone else in our vehicle got an even higher score:( Baby R got a sweet 500 points, I obviously was the 170,600:)
We then went back to catch The Little Mermaid stage show. It was cute but while we were in there we could hear thunder roaring:(
Ursula was cool:) When the show ended, it kicks you to the outside so when the doors opened the entire audience paused, it was the worst downpour we had experienced yet!!! I would have taken photos but let's face it, getting to cover was the only thing on my mind since they weren't going to allow us to stay in the theater! G wasn't about to let Mr. D off the hook, he promised G if he sat through The Little Mermaid (such a boy) he'd take him back to ride Star Tours for the 500th time! Those two went trucking off one direction and I waded through ankle deep water (I ruined my shoes) down the main street back to First Aid to get G's meds before leaving the park. It was crazy!!!! But we survived:)
After we left Hollywood Studios we went back to our resort to get dinner and change all of our wet, soggy clothes and shoes.
Our resort:)
We decided to head back out to Downtown Disney since we hadn't made it there yet and I finally remembered to snap a pic of this pitted marking in the sidewalk at the bus stop. Baby R kept pointing it out all week and telling us it was Mickey:) I don't know if this pitted marking was a legitimate "hidden Mickey" or not, but I thought it was adorable that Baby R sure noticed it:)
Tons of hands on playing at Downtown Disney, I think it was a perfect way to end the week!
You can't see my kids too well, but they are all there in front of the giant pumpkin Mickey:)
And here we are, the morning of when we go home and back to reality:( These are some pics around our resort I snapped before climbing onto the Magical Express back to the airport.
Curious to know what my girls are doing? They are looking for birds:)
Waiting in our lobby till our bus arrived, thank goodness for little chairs and Mickey cartoons:)
The lobby of Saratoga Springs. I loved how when we arrived they immediately greeted us with, "Welcome home!". And when I checked out they said, "Your home will be well cared for while you are away, come back soon".
And finally on the bus back to the airport:(
At the airport heading to our terminal on the train, goodbye!
On our flight home I snapped this pic, it was a complete downpour in one area, I thought it looked cool:)
Thankfully, our flight wasn't full so Baby R and I got 3 seats to ourselves.. Good thing because Baby R fell asleep 2 minutes into the air, literally. This poor little girl was EXHAUSTED!!!! I'm glad she was able to stretch out a little:)
She slept the ENTIRE 2 1/2 hour flight home, she would have kept going but I had to pick her up to get off the plane (she even stayed asleep during the landing!). I think it took her a good 2 weeks after we got home to catch up on sleep. She kept falling asleep in the car on errands which she hasn't done in ages!
So since Baby R was asleep the whole flight home I ended up eating her Mickey cheese crackers cause I was hungry. It's ok, she didn't miss them:)
Phew! Like a woman told me on one of the buses going to one of the parks, "Disney World isn't a vacation, it's touring". So true!! I had never been to WDW w/kids before so it wiped me out! I need a vacation now:)
Stay tuned for the blooper reels!
No comments:
Post a Comment