Monday, November 19, 2012

I made it all by {myself}.

I had an Essential Oils class at my house on Friday evening and for the soiree I decided to make the goodies for the goody bags myself!  I decided to do two homemade essential oil infused body products.
First up was a homemade body bar.  In it I used cosmetic grade filtered beeswax (not the Hobby Lobby crap, this was the nice shiz!), cocoa butter, shea butter, vitamin E oil and EO. 
You have to get yourself a cheap metal box grater for the beeswax, I bought mine at Wal-Mart for less than $3.  But here is the beeswax melting down in a double boiler.  As it nears the end of melting you throw in your butters since those melt super quick, then you take it all off the heat and stir in your Vitamin E oil and EO. 
I used a silicon brownie bite mold.  I cleaned up the sides of where the liquid overflowed and just added the scraps to another square.  Don't want to waste anything! 
Setting up nicely:) 
And the body bars crowning glory, I infused them with pure therapeutic grade Peppermint EO.  These bars looked and smelled like a peppermint white chocolate bite, but don't be fooled cause these are lotion! 
I then moved onto the  lip balms.  The process is the exact same as the body bars minus the butters, I used virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil instead:)   
Isn't my contraption neat??  Depending on the types of lip balm tubes you buy, they have these nifty trays your empty balm tubes snap into for easier filling.  Awesome purchase!
My lip balms for everyone were infused with pure therapeutic grade Lime EO to make them a lime-coconut flavor.  YUM!   
This is how I packaged them up, I think they came out adorable:)  I'm getting rave reviews on my body bars so guess what teachers are getting this year??

1 comment:

Autumn said...

You are too creative! They turned out fabulous! :)