I was asked to please post my homemade deodorant recipe which works amazing! Grown piggish men even swear by this stuff! Ready to get rid of more chemicals that are seeping into your skin? GREAT! Let's party cause it's stupid easy to make...
Homemade Deodorant for your under dogs:
1 glass jar w/airtight lid
Coconut oil (NOT refined, virgin is your winner here)
Arrowroot Powder
*Essential Oils
*Aluminum Free Baking Soda
In a bowl, mix equal parts coconut oil to arrowroot powder. Place mixture in your glass jar and done! UNLESS..... you want to party up your deodorant see your options below.....
*Stir in some favorite EO's: I like Melaleuca, a blend called **Melrose, a blend called **Thieves (great for the dudes in your life for a more masculine smell) and Peppermint for cooling (awesome for those sweaty, suck the life out of you TX summers).
*Feel you need a little more protection? Half your arrowroot powder and add Aluminum Free Baking Soda as the other half.
Please note, if you are choosing to use EO's, since this is going on your skin, please ONLY use pure therapeutic grade oils, getting a cheap $5 bottle at the health food store is dangerous because the FDA currently does not monitor EO's so companies add fillers into OTC EO's. I obviously choose to only use Young Living brand as it is the oils the FDA is going to start using as a marker for all other EO's on the market to live up to, they are the most pure and many physicians use them as well in their clinics. BE SMART ABOUT OILS!!! If you need more info, I'd be happy to answer questions for you:)
PS: The #1 question I get is, "won't the coconut oil leave oil marks in my clothes?". The answer is, "no". The arrowroot and baking soda (if you choose to use) soak everything up:) The #2 question I get is, "You apply it with your fingers?". K people, if you have a phobia about rubbing lotion into your pits, you have bigger issues that need to be addressed before you use this deodorant.
**These blends are specific to the Young Living brand.
Smell pretty and be healthy!
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! I am making some this weekend!
Post a Comment