Saturday, June 15, 2013

Class {awards}.

At the end of each school year each class holds an Award Ceremony which I personally LOVE!  Up first was Little R:)
She got to walk the red carpet up to accept her award for the "Fun Dip Award" which means, "For being eager to learn with a FUN loving attitude". 
My first girl is done with first grade (sniff, sniff).  However, I was so happy Little R got Mrs. Moody this year!!  Mrs. Moody was originally a Kinder teacher who G had and I loved her so much I was sad when Little R didn't get her for Kinder too.  But when Mrs. Moody moved up to first grade, only 2 spots were available and Little R got one of them!!!  
Baby R had to have a photo op too, I told Mrs. Moody she is her future student (cross your fingers!!!).
A couple days later we went to G's class award ceremony.  He had Mrs. Webb this year and I love her as well.  She is uber organized (I mean borderline OCD organized) and so patient!  She was a really good fit for him:)  And guess what, she is moving up to fourth grade next year so a part of me is hoping he'll get back in her class:) 
G got the "Passionate Participant" award which means, "For your enthusiastic involvement in class activities".
This amazing little girl (but according to G "she's not a real girl") is Logan.  Logan and G have been hooked at the hip this year.  She is such a tom-boy and I think they found common bond as each day they had to walk to the nurses office before lunch.  G had to go get his meds and she had to check her insulin levels (she is diabetic).  I really hope they end up in the same class again next year!

Cute story:  A couple nights ago as I was tucking G into bed he made me say the nightly prayer.  In my prayer I mentioned that Baby R's x-ray would show no problems.  When I finished he asked me why I said, "that word".
Me: Which word?
G: x-ray
Me: Baby R has to go get another x-ray for her hips, remember?
G: Is everyone born with problems, everyone in the community?
Me: G, no one is perfect.  Whether you were born with problems or develop them later, no one is perfect.
G: What was Little R born with?
Me: She had a reflux issue where her pee would reflux back up into her kidneys.
G: I know what Logan was born with.....sugar allergies!
Me: Yep, she has what is called, "diabetes".
G: I know what I was born with...food allergies.
Me: Yep, but hopefully we will get those all worked out of your system G:)

I'm grateful G only sees he has food allergies and ignores all other issues.  It was a good small conversation to allow him to see, everyone on earth has problems and no one is perfect:)

No comments: