I LOVE recital time! This year was extra awesome because I had TWO girls dancing! First up is Baby R:)
Waiting to go on stage:) She LOVED me putting makeup on her! I don't know another 4yo who would sit for me to do hair and makeup as patiently as she did.
Their ballet number was titled, "Tip Toe through the Tulips". Baby R was awesome, at one point, she took off on a solo and you could tell she loved performing:)
Second number was all these girls favorite (I think it was the costume). They did an adorable tap ensemble to "Dandy Lion".
This girl sang her heart out!
The best part of the day was after each number, Baby R would bow to the audience which no one taught her to do:) Funny girl!
Bravo!! Bravo!!! We had red roses waiting for this chica because she deserved them!
It's always fun when you run into your friends from school:)
Next up is Little R. Her first ballet number was done to the tune of "Mr. Postman".
Quick bottom change and they were onto their tap number done to "Hand Jive". This dance was my favorite, it had high energy and Little R always perks up when she gets to wear her taps:)
And this my friends, is WHY I believe in stage hair. Other moms don't do anything, even though they are asked to (but not required). Big, bouncy curls make all the difference when these little girls are on stage, they need to stand out amongst the huge background. If you must know, her hair is so thick, it takes a lot of hairspray and about an hour to do. Totally worth it!
Bravo!! Bravo!!! Take a bow:)
We were all waiting with white roses for this lovely lady:) G was the one who actually stood up and walked over to hand them to her, too awesome:)
A quick shot of the ruffles on the back of her shorts for her tap number.
G is such a good sport about coming to the dance recitals, I think it's the music, we caught him dancing in his chair a few times;)
Aunt Debbie came for a visit and to see the girl's recital. I just happened to capture this move, Deb and I laughed so hard so I had to post it.
More goofing off as we were leaving:) G was doing Gangnam Style;)
2 comments:
OH, how I wish I could have been there! The pictures are great!
LOVE this. There is nothing cuter than little girls all dressed up like this and dancing on stage. Makes me so glad I have at least one daughter.
Post a Comment