Friday, September 6, 2013

And then there was {one}.

And by "one" I mean, just me:(  After 10 years of being a SAHM and always having a child tagging along with me everywhere I go (doctors, dentist, Target, Whole Foods, Christmas shopping etc...) I'm officially what my friend has termed, "a day drinker".
Preschool finally started for this little one this week, she was SO excited but nervous, she was full of questions;)  As I got her ready I asked if I could put some hair pretty's in her beautiful hair and I got a, "Sure!  But mom, I want lots."  So I asked her if I could do pigtails like I had (I was going to work out after dropping her off and I always wear my hair in pigtails) and she said, "Yes!  And I want two of them!".  I obliged so she is sporting my same hair I wear when I work out, but she looks much cuter than me:) 
Finding a seat in her classroom:) 
Before I left she had to use the bathroom, she was so nervous, I felt a little bad but as soon as I took her to sit on the rug with the other little girls playing with the box of marine animals she seemed to calm right down:)  I gave her a hug and many kisses good-bye to my last baby who started school and is the reason I'm starting a new phase in my life:(
I could NOT wait to go pick her up at the end of the day!  Apparently every other parent was just as excited to get to the school as I was literally at the back of the line to get my baby.  When I got her, she was so happy and full of smiles, she clearly had an AMAZING first day of preschool!  Makes me sad to think of her setting off in life because she'll be in college before I know it:(

This is the email I got from the preschool to mark her first day of school on 9/4/2013:

We had a wonderful first day of preschool today! Today we became acquainted with our preschool and the routine.  We learned  everyone’s names and took a tour of the building.  We sang a song about going to school called, “Today is a Wonderful Day.” We sang a song about learning names and making friends called “ The More we get Together.”   We talked about  our school rules and why they are important .We learned how fun preschool is when we blew bubbles, and  popped corn while singing songs. We painted and glittered birthday crowns that we will wear on our birthdays or special days coming up this year.   We read the stories I Like School, and Baby Bop Goes to School.  The math center was patterning cards with colors and shapes, the language arts center was playdough letters, the small motor center was bead stringing, and the dramatic play center was house and dolls. The Pony Lady brought Giddyup and gave  rides in the pony cart too. 

1 comment:

Lisa/Scott said...

I would have been sobbing. I dread the day my last baby leaves me and goes to school. I'm sure with time I'd end up loving the free time and getting used to it, but part of me wants my babies to stay babies forever.