Ok, not really, but close;) This past Saturday evening I went to a photography class that Mr. D had bought for me as a Mother's Day gift (yes, I just barely redeemed it, it's effing HOT in TX, I wasn't going to walk around outside in a thousand degree heat for photos!). This was a 4 hour class and definitely well worth the information! I learned SO MUCH more about my camera (I have a Nikon D5100) than I think I ever could.
After the first 2 hours we were given an assignment sheet to capture certain elements outside. First up was a Close-up/details (shallow depth of field), such as a flower, grass, berries, etc....
This one was my favorite I took.
Our instructor for the evening thought this one I took was a good one (I still like the one above this one better, but I'm not a professional so what do I know?)
We had to pair up for the assignment, this woman was my partner (her name was Deborah, we laughed a lot, maybe too much at our mistakes!) But if you didn't guess, our second assignment was to photograph a portrait (shallow depth of field). I think I captured her well, you'd hire me right?
Third up in our assignments was to photograph a waterfall (movement). We had to play with our ISO as well as to do a fast and slow shutter movement on these ones.
I think I accomplished the assignment pretty good. I think I had way more garbage photos than good ones though, but that's probably normal, right? Right??
Last up on our assignment sheet was to photograph a scenic landscape (deep depth of field). I think if I edit this particular photo it may be my favorite of the night:)
All these photos were taken in RAW format so no editing has been done on any of them. If I upload these into my Lightroom software I could be RICH!! (Come on, work with me here!) I had so much fun at this class, the 4 hours breezed by! I would actually take this same class again to get even more out of the class.
So, who wants to hire me first for their photography needs? (*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for horrible photos. I'M KIDDING! not really.)
No comments:
Post a Comment