Working in "better dresses" at the new Dillard's. We used to take turns napping in the handicap fitting room, trying on all the new dresses that came in, playing hide and go seek inside the rounders that were taller than us, feeling up the mannequin busts for a laugh, etc.. etc.. etc... I was an awesome employee, I promise!
With no responsibilities, why be a "planner" if you don't have to? Spur of the moment trips to CA were a frequent thing with me and my friend Jayne. This time, we braved TJ and couldn't shake the "chicklet" girl no matter how hard we tried. This was the bridge over to the U.S. border and she wasn't about to give up until we hopped the border...legally. The only english she new was, "three dolla, three dolla" so when we'd say, "GO HOME!!" it didn't mean much to her. I still laugh out loud when I think of that day w/ the "chicklet" girl.
Living on your own away from the parental figures means, no rules. This was one of my roommates from college in LA, Krista. One night, another roommate borrowed another roommates (very real) diamond earrings and lost one. The only thing we could think of is that it fell off the bathroom counter into the garbage which I threw down the shoot earlier in the day. That night, we spent a couple hours digging inside the dumpster when we discovered a perfectly great painting that someone threw out! We took it home, hung it, and then that is how "Dumpster Tuesdays" began. We got perfectly good 3 legged leather chairs, chipped coffee tables etc... Bel Air people throw away good stuff!That was fun, thanks for coming along with me, we should meet up at your place next time for memory lane!!
No comments:
Post a Comment