Friday, March 12, 2010

The birth of our new car...

Ok, so I'll try to make a long story real short in regards to how we came about our new car....

Mr. D took me out for a gorgeous, Valentine's dinner at an amazing restaurant that was valet only.  We were one of the first dinner reservations of the evening so the parking lot was basically empty.  Since the nicest car we owned was the m-van, that is what we took.  When we finished w/dinner we stepped outside and handed the valet attendant our ticket.  Upon looking around to see every major luxury brand vehicle parked up front and center, we noticed the valet took off running up the road.  THEY PARKED THE M-VAN UP THE ROAD AND IN THE BACK!!!  Talk about embarrassing!!  So, on the way home we laughed about it and ended up at a car dealer, any dealer would do at that point.  We never even considered a Buick but the dealer was a Chevy/GMC/Buick dealer and they showed us all the great features and for a week we compared several other makes/models/brands and decided to go back to the original dealer all because of the embarrasing valet moment and purchased the first car we saw.  Mr. D likes to say he took me for a $300 dinner and it ended up costing him $50K.

So, although we didn't talk about the car much that the new one replaced, I can look back now and know the my 1997 civic that I bought brand spanking new and drove to college had a good life!  RIP Civic, you had a good 13 years of life and a lot of crazy (some illegal I'm sure) moments that I will forever be fond of and love to re-tell!

1 comment:

Liz said...

happy valentines day to YOU! :)