Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baptized!

My G turned 8 and he has officially been baptized by his dad.
Strike 1: Nope, G isn't smiling and Baby R put your hand down!

Strike 2: Why aren't Baby R and G smiling?  Isn't this a happy affair??

Strike 3:  I give up on a decent family photo, let's go eat.

After G was dunked (I'll have to tell you later about a woman in my church who calls her daughter the "3 to 4 dunker", it's pretty funny) I saw him say something to Mr. D and when I found out, I couldn't help but chuckle.  As soon as G came up out of the water he told Mr. D, "that was awesome!".

Mr. D had been practicing "baptizing" in our pool for awhile as to not freak G out and to prepare him on what would be happening that day.  G wasn't so concerned about the water part (he loves water) he was more concerned about how long dad's prayer would be after:) 

It was a great day, we had both sets of grandparents fly in, my sister and her family drove 4 hours and my cousin who lives near me and her family all came out to support G.  We had a fabulous catered lunch (after G's birthday party the weekend before, I was so pooped out of entertaining that I wasn't about to make a ton of food) that fed us for an entire weekend we had so many leftovers. 

I'm proud of G, he's growing in so many ways despite his Autism, you can't help but be inspired by how hard he works to better himself.

No comments: