I can't believe it, in about 30 minutes school will officially be done for the 2011-2012 school year! I feel like we just celebrated Christmas a couple of months ago, I hate how fast time has flown:(
This week the kids had their class award ceremonies. I love attending these:)
Here is Little R accepting her award for "Best Homework Reader". Little R filled her reading log at home faster than anyone else in the class, that has to make her daddy proud (he's a big time reader).
Little R's award certificate.
Little R's teacher asked each of the students to sit and be respectful during the ceremony, she looks so adorable so I had to post this:)
Little R got to bring home her large art folder of things she'd done in art over the year. This was my favorite piece she did:) Little R has LOVED (and that is an understatement) Kindergarten. She has willingly and happily gone to school every day, no fights, no complaints, nothin'! I'm super in love with this little girl, she is such a great example and I know she is going to love first grade that much more:)
G's turn to accept his award! G got the (I know this will come as a shocker....) "Class Angry Bird Expert" award:) Tis true, Tis true.
Can I just take a moment to say how much I have LOVED G's 2nd grade teacher this year. If G could have her again next year, there would be no question, I'd scream, "YES!!!". She is a single girl, younger than me, but has the worlds most patience flowing through her. She communicates with me almost daily, she is organized to the max, solely for G's sake (he goes bonkers in chaos) and she has helped G grow academically this year in ways I didn't think she could. She's been a true blessing for G this year and I'll miss her:(
G also celebrated his summer birthday in class the same day as the award ceremony so he got to sport the class "birthday glasses". I was told he kept them on the entire day:)
G's award certificate.
G's teacher allowed the students to decorate their manila folders their certificates were in and of course, G donned his in Angry Bird fashion:)
I thought it would be fun to do a year comparison. The above pic is of G and Little R on the first day of school.
Here they are today, the last day of school:)
Happy Summer everyone!
UPDATE: So remember me always saying how much Little R loves Kindergarten? This is what she said to me when she got home, in a very disappointed voice, "Mom, we just didn't do any learning today, nothing! We just played outside and watched a movie and had a pizza party, that's it! No social centers at all! Today was just so short and then I came home!".
2 comments:
I love this post! Your babies are so cute! Crystal is just like "R" and school. She was so mad that they only watched a movie on her last day. When she was sick last winter and we told her she needed to stay home and rest instead of go to school she cried and cried because she couldn't go. Your kids are growing up so fast! Love the before and after pics. The birthday glasses are my other favorite pic.
I love the pictures and comments about the kids. What great memories they will have because you preserve those special moments for them.
Post a Comment