Friday, November 8, 2013

{Comic-Con}

There is a first for everything, right?  Well, I guess you could say my family took their maiden voyage to Comic-Con.   Come with me as I relive this interesting experience.....
We went, "Back to the Future" and found "Doc" Brown's DeLorean Time Machine!  Why doesn't Marty McFly make appearances at Comic-Con? 
Funny that I remember seeing this car at Universal Studios in CA when I was a kid, but you couldn't actually get a photo op in it!  Funny how life comes full circle in that my kids actually got to sit in the DeLorean, the same one I ooo'd and ahhh'd at as a kid!
Have I mentioned before that Little R has a crush on Thor?  I don't think this girl smiled more than when Mr. D said, "Little R, THOR!!".   If you are wondering, yes, Mr. D is taking her to see Thor this weekend:)
Um, this is a Star Trek thingy.   
"Luke, I am your father, ppshhhtt.....".  Yeah, I admit it, I gave props to the dude wearing Darth. 
Storm Trooper.  They're cool right? 
As we were leaving we saw this car with a pink R2D2 sticking out the back.  Is this from a comic I don't know about?

All in all, I was WAYYYYY out of my comfort zone by attending Comic-Con.  Many adults dressed up in characters I had to keep asking Mr. D about and learning it's OK to drop proper etiquette and stare.  Yep, I stared.  I stared a whole lot!  Some people clearly were asking for it.

Would I go again?  Yep!  I stepped out of my comfort zone and found I really enjoyed myself, it turned out to be a hilarious family outing that's worth going to again:)

PS:  Yes, we saw Lou Ferrigno (aka, The Incredible Hulk), Jon Heder (aka, Napoleon Dynamite) and a whole bunch of other people but unless you are big into fantasy movies you would be standing there confused with me.

1 comment:

Lisa/Scott said...

That is awesome. I'm so jealous. I really wanted to go this year but I moved to the East Coast instead.