Yeah, that's D in the black shirt riding w/G and little R. Taking pics of the kids on rides wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Good times though!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
What I did on my summer vacation! (part 2)
We finally made it to our first day of going to DISNEYLAND!! The weather really wasn't horrible but it sure was crowded! It was the last week of school for Southern CA. and a lot of the schools bus in their students for one last field trip. After standing in line for Dumbo for a full 60 minutes, I finally had enough. Although G is doing awesome and I really thought he'd be OK waiting in lines, I went to the City Hall and got a "Guest Assistance Pass". With G being special needs, this pass allowed us to go through the exits of each ride and either (a) not wait in line at all or (b) stand in the Fastpass line. It really helped us get more done in the day. Another great thing that Disney did for us is specialty meals for G. Since we have G on a GFCF (gluten free/casein free) diet and have removed all foods he is intolerant to he wasn't able to eat the regular park food. I had called ahead to the Disney Dining reservations line where they hooked me up with the restaurants that would be able to cater to his needs. We were able to personally speak w/each chef and he prepared a meal special for our G. All his food was awesome, he ate everything the chefs were able to make. I love Disney for this type of service!! And no, I didn't pay any extra! We were charged just like any other kids meal from the menu.
I wish I had a better pic of my kids with the,"one and only" himself but G had to pee so bad and we had waited in line for a good 45 minutes so we weren't about to get out of line. We got the one pic and high tailed it out of there so we wouldn't have an accident. It's clear little R was waiting for me to say, "look at the camera!"-which I never did because I was more focused on getting G out of there!
I searched high and low for infant size Mickey Ears and they just don't exist I guess. I would have bought her this cute little pink number but at 15.95 and another 8.00 for monogramming I figured me and my camera could capture the moment forever instead with out paying for anything.
G thought this hat was extra cool but mom didn't like the price tag. I really love all the fun hats you can get at Disney but my practical side always wants to kick in and say, "when will you EVER where that again??".
Two cute kiddos relaxing on the Mark Twain. I swear, the man who bellows, "MAAARRRKKK TWAAAIIINNN" is dead now but his voice has been on that paddle boat since I was an infant!! It's cool to still hear the things you always remembered and now my kiddos get to have the same memory....love that!
Yeah, that's D in the black shirt riding w/G and little R. Taking pics of the kids on rides wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Good times though!
Yeah, that's D in the black shirt riding w/G and little R. Taking pics of the kids on rides wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Good times though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment