Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baptist by Proxy

From what I am gathering, Baptists are a dominating religion here where I live. Ever since baby R was born as people see her, whether it be in the grocery store, the therapy clinic, mall, craft stores, Hallmark etc... strangers ask whats with the harness, or now the cast. I give my typical answer of, "she was born with no hip sockets....." and it's always followed with them telling me how much they will pray for her and think of her recovery often. Now, I'm not Baptist but I'm starting to feel like maybe I am becoming one by Proxy. It's the Baptists who stop me the most to inquire about baby R and they are always the first to offer up prayers. They are all very nice people and always look at baby R so adoringly and give me a nice hand on the shoulder. I'm not converting but it's nice to know that other religions have so much heart and I'll take their prayers and encouraging thoughts any day!!

Now, can the 17th get here ANY SLOWER?!?!?

No comments: