Monday, August 10, 2009

I miss my modern life...

Due to my babies situation, a lot of my modern conveniences have had to take a backseat and I am truly longing for them back (I wouldn't do good as a Pioneer slaving away, let's not lie).

1: Highchair. I have to feed my baby on my lap which inevitably always ends up with her grabbing the bowl, spoon, whatever and making a mess with my outfit. I don't like changing my clothes 3 times a day.

2: Bumbo. Oh how I miss my Bumbo. I bought this lovely thing when I had little R and have deemed it my best purchase ever! I can't wait to use this lovely again!!!

3: Exersaucer. At this age, she wants to be entertained and this is where the Exersaucer would be utilized the most.....it isn't.

4: Stroller. Ok, so I CAN use my strollers, I just have to alter them so much with pillows/towels to accommodate the cast situation that it makes putting my baby in/out such a chore!!!! Not to mention the car seat dilemma...

5: Car seat. We have this bulky medical approved carseat right now and the lump of a baby I have right now makes getting her in/out of the car a workout in itself.

6: Changing diapers. You know how quick you can put a diaper on? It can take me as long as 12 minutes. Who wants to change a diaper for 12 minutes?? No one.

However, even though I miss all these conveniences, we did find one modern thing that makes baby R happy!!! It's our beloved RODY!! RODY TO THE RESCUE!!! She loves hanging onto those ears, chewing them up and making sure they are super slobbery. I can't tell if she likes bouncing best or just rocking but man, the big smiles that come off her gorgeous face are PRICELESS!!!!I wish I videotaped this moment, my babysitter was rocking her and she was trying to giggle but hold back at the same time, it was pretty funny.

Finally, my babysitter rocked her forward enough and some belly laugh came out. I'm so glad that even though baby R can't do much, at least she can straddle a rocking horse!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You are such a strong person Heather! It didn't even cross my mind that you probably couldn't use any of those things!

Anonymous said...

It does my heart good to see Baby R's beautiful smile! I, too, didn't realize it is so difficult not being able to use the everyday baby items. Like so many things in life, we take them for granted until we don't or can't have them. You really are amazing, Heather.