Little R, Halloween 2007
G, Halloween 2007
In 2007 we were living in Minnesota where it gets just a {little} cold. I remember this Halloween in particular as it was our first to celebrate the holiday in our last house that we had just bought before finding out TX was calling our names.
Our neighborhood did a yearly get together at the top of the street where it turned into a cul-de-sac. We'd all go have corn dogs, carrot sticks w/ranch dip, potato chips, hot chocolate and beer for the adults. After all the kids were done eating, one parent would run home to hand out all the treats as the rush of kids came by. All the kids in our neighborhood trick-or-treated in less than 30 minutes and that was it for the night.
Our first few years in MN we were lucky to just get ONE trick-or-treater so it was fun that all the kids in our last neighborhood did it together in one giant wave. I felt that the candy I bought actually got used.
I also remember this particular year, it DID NOT snow, that was nice but it was definitely cold. In MN, you have to base your costumes on the fact that they can either go over snow gear or that your child doesn't care and is willing to wear a coat over their costume.
Now, I can pretty much dress my kids in anything as the evenings are still nice, maybe a light jacket may be needed but it's a slim chance that they do.
Costumes have already been purchased at my house for this year so stay tuned to see what my little ghosts and goblins (and the queen bee) will be.........
No comments:
Post a Comment