Friday, December 23, 2011

UPDATES!!

Ok, so yes, I am WAY behind in blogging. So, bear with me today as I post after post after post. If you have nothing better to do today, I hope you enjoy reading along as I'm hoping to get caught up:)...... Don't forget to click on "older posts" when you get to the bottom of the page today, oh yes, there is more!  I told you I was WAY behind!

So here is my updates:

1: I have officially "unfriended" people on FB that I'm sure I will NEVER talk to again in this lifetime and I'm ok with that.

2: I have started the process of getting G looked over by another professional who has a lot more experience when it comes to Autism but that will take us out of state.

3: This is the biggy, if you feel so inclined, we are asking for MEGA prayers right now.  Baby R, if you remember was born with a severe form of hip displaysia.  She was casted for the summer of 2009 and then placed in a brace for several months after that.....Anyway, she was doing really well and at her last appointment in 2010 her Orthopedist felt she could go a year until her next x-ray.  Well, we did that on the 13th of this month and her x-ray showed that her right hip is loosening and beginning to slip again.  The hip angle is at a 25 which means it is at the last number before being considered abnormal.  At this same time last year both hips measured at 20 which is well within normal.  The left hip has stayed at 20 (yeah!!!) but the right hip isn't staying strong.  The ortho did tell us that it is possible for it to correct on it's own as well as stay strong at 25 but the fact that it has loosened may not be a good sign and she may have to go under the knife for a surgery that may or may not correct the problem.  I hate hip displaysia. 

In short, we are asking for a miracle here.  We don't want to have to cast her again as she is such a busy little thing and it would break my heart to see her go through all this all over again.  She would not be able to walk in her cast, she would be bedridden and to ask a 3yo to stay in her bed for weeks upon weeks isn't fair.  Please have her in your thoughts and prayers, please.

We will do another x-ray in June of 2012 and if it has loosened anymore, we have to talk surgery which I don't want to do!!!  Please, pray for this little girl, she doesn't need to go through this and neither does her mama.

Sorry to end all my postings on a downer but it is what it is.  Enjoy your families this weekend and I hope Santa is very kind to you all:)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm sorry to hear about baby R. I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers. That does not sound like a fun possibility!

Josy12 said...

Sorry about Baby R's problem. She and all of you are always in our prayers. We love you!