Thursday, March 8, 2012

Call Heather, she'll do {it}.

At the end of January, the room mom of G's class asked if anyone would be willing to decorate the teachers door for Valentine's day.  I said I'd do it, not really knowing the dimensions of the door, nor had I ever actually done this large of an art project before but I thought, what the hay, how hard could it be??  So, Cricut to the rescue, I busted out the above door before the weekend hit.  I thought it turned out pretty cute considering I didn't know the measurements and was winging it!
Well, Valentine's is over and the Luau/Hawaiian themed Book Fair is in full swing this week!  Guess who was asked to tear down their work of art to throw up another??  Yes, it was I.  BUT, this time, I knew how big the door was and the dimensions from doing it before so things were scaled more appropriately.  G's request is that it had a volcano:)  Baby R was a trooper as it took about 3 hours to get all of this up:(  She quietly sat in the hallway with the iPad and ate snacks like a gem.

I have a feeling as soon as Book Fair week is over, I'll be asked to do a "spring" door:)  I'm sure I could pull it off as I'm clearly getting better!!  (well, that's what I keep telling myself at least).

No comments: