Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's a {zoo} in here!

The kids are off for spring break this week and apparently so is most of Mr. D's office so he took the day off yesterday to come to the zoo with us:)

Baby R the "Zookeeper". 
My personal favorite, the flamingos! 
G's and Mr. D's favorites, the monkeys! 
Baby R had to stop at each cage in the bird area to wave and say hello.  This eagle finally turned it's head to look at her!  All her yelling got it's attention:) 
Little R finally now understands that anteaters use their sticky tongue to get ants:) 
The albino croc.  He mulled right over the other guy and the other guy didn't even care!  He stayed on top of him for awhile too!  I'd be annoyed. 
Penguins are always a fun exhibit:) 
We had to do a little bit of talking G into getting on the camel but he finally agreed.  Little R jumped at the chance, it was awesome!  Baby R cried, she wanted a turn too but I was nervous she'd slip through the harness so we told her she could do it next time. 
The morning was complete overcast and cool, but soon got very hot and muggy:(  

I was hoping to see zebras and giraffes but there wasn't any:(  Little R was sad that she missed the kangaroos even though I told her they were right next to the koalas, she just needed to turn her head:)  I promised them we'd go again though so we can see anything we missed and to ride the monorail.

All in all, it was a great family outing to the zoo yesterday!

No comments: