Holy Moly, the time finally arrived, we had planned this trip right after Christmas 2012 so it was almost a whole year before we actually got to go!! So where did we head to you ask?
UTAH!!! Where there would be snow, lots and lots of snow!!! I'm pretty sure I'm the only weirdo that craves snow but I do. It's comforting to me, maybe because I grew up playing in snow, it was ingrained into me, so it's now a part of me forever. This is driving up through Park City, it was exactly what I was hoping to see that day we flew in:)
Snowy mountain peaks:)
So pretty:)
You can't tell very well in this photo (unless you are used to seeing snow) but that foggy background was snow falling in the distance, a lot of it!
So the first day was all about getting settled, I had packed enough food for G to make it through that first day before we could get to a health market. We ventured out the second day and came upon a happy, impromptu tour that I LOVED!!! We had found online a Real Foods store about 10 minutes from our resort. When we pulled up, it was in an odd location, in the middle of a business district, but low and behold, it was nestled in there alright! And what to my surprise, it was connected to the RealSalt and Redmond Clay facilities!!!!! I had NO IDEA this little health market boasted something more grand behind it's doors! The woman took us into their back production area and showed us around. She taught us how they mine the salt and clay, it was great! Here are my 3 kiddos sitting on a large rock salt that was just brought in that week waiting to be shaved down into those familiar RealSalt shakers:)
The lady clearly saw how in love with this impromptu tour I was she gave me a large rock salt to take home AND a box full of their products, for FREE!!!!!
She also let my kids grab some of the smaller rock salts to lick and take home with them:) Mr. D assumed I was leaving all this behind, especially my big rock but HECK NO! That ALL came home with me! At the airport coming home my bag was over by 3lbs and immediately he wanted me to chuck my rock but again, HECK NO!!! The bag with the dirty clothes got tossed into our carrier with the car seats instead;) FYI- did you know, since car seats fly free, you can load up your bag your car seats are in with other stuff?? Good way to get around a $25 bag fee!
On our way back from the health food market we saw this strange ice formation.
So we decided to pull around and found out it was having it's grand opening w/in a couple of days!
Yep, this looks awesome, we definitely put it on our "to do" list while we were in Utah!
More snow falling up in the mountains:) Brings joy to my heart just reliving these photos:)
Stay tuned for part 2 of our Christmas vacation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment