Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cupcake {Camp}.

I signed Little R up for a summer enrichment camp through our school district this year.  There were several week long camps to choose from and of course she saw the Cupcake Camp and was all over it.  Normally I'd put a big fat "NO!" on this camp as it's nothing but garbage food and I try to teach my kids about not treating their body like a garbage can.  BUT, when I found out they weren't allowed to eat them, just decorate them, then I agreed:)
The first day there they decorated their very own personal apron they were going to use for the week.  
First day on the job and she totally knocked it out of the ballpark!  They decorated 6 cupcakes in the theme of "Spring".  With ZERO experience decorating cupcakes, I give this girl total props! 
 
Second day in was "Summer" themed cupcakes. 
 
Third day (my personal favorites) she brought home "Fall" themed cupcakes.
 
Fourth day, yup, you guessed it, "Winter" themed.  The pink one in the bottom right was her own concoction.  She asked her teacher if she could decorate her own one and that is what she came up with:) 
 
And as her final day of the week, she got to decorate 2 cupcakes with her own idea and then just some fun other ones to round out her week.  When I went to pick her up she was so proud the teacher had asked her to do a "demo" cupcake of the rainbow cupcake they did on their very first day to show the next group that was starting their week of Cupcake Camp.  Apparently she nailed that rainbow cupcake so good she got a promotion:)

She had a great time, she loved getting up and going over to the school each morning.  She was also the youngest girl in the class but thankfully she was totally accepted by a table of girls that were probably about 11.  The older girls at her table all told me how fun she was and that they loved her energy:)  And of course, she wants to do this camp again next summer:)

No comments: