Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving On Up!

If you've been following along for the last week or so, you'll know that Baby R was getting Little R's old bedroom set.  I honestly didn't think everything would happen so quick as we had talked about always getting Baby R her own "big girl bed" when she turned 3 in a few months.  So, I didn't really have time to let it sink in that my baby is now ready for her "big girl bed".   Mr. D dismantled our crib (which is kind of a good thing, it was broken anyway and I wouldn't dare re-sell it) on Saturday and moved Little R's bed on in.  I was nervous for Baby R, she's still behind in some of her gross motor skills due to the cast debacle and doesn't know how to climb in and out of a bed.  Also, we never allow her on a bed because she just wants to jump which is clearly a hazard for a small child who knows no boundaries.

Well, one pink footstool later and Baby R got herself into her bed and then.....cried to get back down.  We put her down for a nap that afternoon but she did struggle a little bit to get out and stay out.  Needless to say, her lousy nap helped her to sleep all night in her "big girl bed" and didn't wake up until 10am!  Last night, same thing, lousy nap but woke up this morning at 10am! I'm not even going to bother trying to put her down for a nap today (kind of happy about that, now I can watch the Bachelorette live vs. always DVR'ing it and having to watch it later in the week or in segments).

All in all, Baby R is adjusting quite well.  Now, next time we go on vacation I won't have to ask for a crib from the hotel!  It's strange growing away from all the baby stuff but it's a good thing having all of your kids be that much more independent.

Where's my broken crib you ask?  it's in many pieces waiting to be thrown out in tomorrows trash pick-up.  An era of mine abruptly ended this past weekend but I'm coping.....against Mr. D's wishes, I still sneak Baby R a bottle;)

No comments: