Now, go pick this "must read" up today!!!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Read Me! Read Me!!
My down-to-earth, normal VT bought me a book (seriously people, she isn't one of those weirdos you sometimes have to put up with). She is the first person in my life who whole-heartedly wants to learn about Autism, the GF/CF diet and all of G's food intolerances (along w/processed Soy which no one should be eating). She constantly is asking questions and vowed to me that she will get the GF/CF diet down so she can start bringing us meals (and she said it will be all organic, hello? love that!). {I digress}... I started reading it last week and must say, if you don't know anyone with Autism, this book is still a really fun read and I highly recommend it! First off, Temple Grandin is a professor at a University in Colorado and is living as a functional adult in her community and among her peers as someone with Autism. Because individuals with Autism don't fully understand sarcasm, this book has none of that. She is a matter-of- fact, intelligent and witty woman, and the book shows this beautifully. I am so thankful for my VT who has taken such an interest in my life where everyone else has not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment