The Father/Daughter church campout!
Boy were these girls excited, their first ever camping trip!! These girls talked about camping with their dad non-stop for 2 weeks! So the day finally came, Mr. D came home from work early so they could get on the road and set up camp before anymore rain fell that day.
Great location, not too muddy, flat, no real wild animal threat.
Thinking the tent was awesome!
Then it came time to eat. We eat organic, non-GMO food at our house, Mr. D had the girls stocked w/all the traditional camping type foods. So, they ate organic fresh buffalo hot dogs, organic fruit etc... Mr. D even had all the fixin's for organic s'mores! The girls were LOVING this campout. Mr. D had to keep his eye on Baby R though, she seemed to believe that everyone else's tents were free game, she didn't realize they were like peoples homes and you don't just invite yourself in and sit down, lol!
As the night progressed, I was home with my sister who was in town for the Firefly run. I told her that something in me said they were coming home that night that they wouldn't actually sleepover. My gut just knew.
Well, I was right! Around 9pm Mr. D called me to say..... wait for it..... Little R was throwing up!!!! If you are an avid reader of my blog, you will know that G's first camping trip ended early due to him vomiting as well! Seriously, kids??
When I told G that dad was bringing the girls home (Baby R was NOT happy!) he wanted to know why? When I told him Little R was throwing up, he immediately told me it's cause she is allergic to camping just like he is, lol (what??)!
As soon as Mr. D called to tell me she was throwing up, I knew, with every part of my being, it was because she ate too much food and had too much sugar. When they got home, she looked a lot better in the face but when I started to ask them all what they had ate, turns out girl ate 3 hot dogs, chips from another families meal that offered her them but Mr. D didn't know and when s'mores were being made, dads were just making them and passing them so Little R just kept helping herself. We've had to have a talk about treating our bodies like a human garbage can.
Overall, the girls had a great evening, but because both camping trips ended in vomiting (the odds!), the only one who wants to go back and camp again at this point is Baby R;)
When I told G that dad was bringing the girls home (Baby R was NOT happy!) he wanted to know why? When I told him Little R was throwing up, he immediately told me it's cause she is allergic to camping just like he is, lol (what??)!
As soon as Mr. D called to tell me she was throwing up, I knew, with every part of my being, it was because she ate too much food and had too much sugar. When they got home, she looked a lot better in the face but when I started to ask them all what they had ate, turns out girl ate 3 hot dogs, chips from another families meal that offered her them but Mr. D didn't know and when s'mores were being made, dads were just making them and passing them so Little R just kept helping herself. We've had to have a talk about treating our bodies like a human garbage can.
Overall, the girls had a great evening, but because both camping trips ended in vomiting (the odds!), the only one who wants to go back and camp again at this point is Baby R;)
No comments:
Post a Comment