G's turn to be recognized! For 4th grade, our school does things a little different, they have 2 main teachers that they travel between. G was beyond blessed to have two teachers back that he had in previous years since they switched grades to teach.
His main teacher was Mrs. Webb, he also had her for 3rd grade so when we found out she was moving up to teach 4th, I was so excited for G to have her again:) She has been an amazing teacher for G, she's super organized, super patient and knows G's clues inside and out to know when he needs a sensory break.
His other teacher for 4th grade was Mrs. Ramos (on the right). G had her for first grade and I just adore her. I'll never forget when she called me in tears in first grade not knowing how to help him during a difficult time when he was more self-injurious. She clearly loves her students and wants to help them anyway possible. Again, I was ecstatic to see that G was getting her back again too, it was a match made in heaven this year:)
G had a big year, he participated more in extracurricular activities than he ever has in years passed and I'm so amazed to see him grow and want to do more things with his peers. Because of that, he got several awards this year...
From Mrs. Webb he earned the "Math Menu Performance" award.
From Mrs. Ramos he earned the "Rockin' Reader" award for reading well over 1,000 minutes since January 2014.
From the school Production Crew he was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for helping out on the morning announcements. He typically was the camera guy:)
From the school principal he got his official Certificate of Completion for 4th grade.
This is G's last year at the elementary, our district has 5th and 6th graders attend an intermediate school before moving into junior high. So, he has technically graduated elementary which is a bitter sweet emotion for me.
We've had wonderful teachers for him and I know he will be fine going forward I just wasn't expecting it to come as fast as it did:(
Congrats G on completing 4th grade and elementary school!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment